UPDATE: Take-Out and Delivery Only and Select Store Temporary Closures
Updated March 16, 2020
In light of recent events, the state and local government have mandated that all dine-in restaurants transition to takeout and delivery only.
We are trying our best to keep as many locations open as possible so that we can support our team members by providing consistent income and continue to give our loyal guests happiness in difficult times through our food. At the same time, we are following all government recommendations to ensure we do our part to protect the most vulnerable from the public health crisis in our communities.
The following locations are open and have transitioned to take-out and delivery only:
- California: Arcadia Original Location, Americana at Brand, South Coast Plaza (only through Postmates and Doordash), Westfield Century City, Del Amo Fashion Center, Westfield UTC, Westfield Valley Fair
- Oregon: Washington Square
- Washington: University Village, Lincoln Square
The following locations are temporarily closed:
- California: Westfield Santa Anita
- Washington: Pacific Place, Westfield Southcenter
As the circumstances evolve, we will continue to make decisions that we feel are in the best interests of our team members, guests, and the community at large. We thank you again for your continued trust and support.
A Message From Your Din Tai Fung Family
Preventative measures we have implemented to protect against COVID-19 (coronavirus).
Din Tai Fung takes pride in our exceptionally high standards for cleanliness and food safety and is known worldwide for our quality of food and preparation.
We care deeply about the health of our team members and guests. In an abundance of caution, we have implemented the following preventative measures. We will also be updating our preventative measures in line with further guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and local health officials.
We are taking serious precautionary steps in addition to our usual detailed cleaning and sanitizing routines throughout all of our restaurants. Some of our operational changes include:
- Increasing our already-rigorous handwashing requirements for all team members.
- Reinforcing detailed cleaning and sanitizing of all contact surfaces, including handles, screens, tables, chairs, menus, and pens.
- Using high-grade sanitizers and cleaning products with 70% alcohol at all locations.
- Limiting cross contamination among guests by providing condiments to our guests by request only and ensuring that they are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after every use.
- Providing all guests with the option to pack leftovers themselves at the table.
- Providing the option for disposable containers, utensils, and straws, whenever possible.
- Promoting social distancing by seating guests with as much distance as possible between tables.
We have also implemented advanced preventative measures to promote the health and safety of our team members. Some of these measures include:
- Implementing daily bodily temperature measurements and health tests with rigorous requirements to be eligible to work.
- Enforcing travel bans to countries deemed to be high-risk.
- Requiring 14-day quarantines as recommended by the CDC.
- Training all employees on potential symptoms and providing clear reporting requirements.
We will also promote social distancing by continuing to keep our online ordering and delivery services available and may limit seating.
We will revisit these preventative measures as necessary during these evolving circumstances.
On behalf of our thousands of hard-working team members, we thank you for your trust and look forward to sharing our world-famous xiao long bao experience with you.